Here at Special Touch, we have been providing professional in-home care for over 40 years. We are also proud to offer the CDPAP program to allow non-professional caregivers (like family, friends, and neighbors) to receive payments through Medicare for the care they provide.
We know firsthand that being a caregiver can be a stressful job, no matter how rewarding. If you're a caregiver in the Bronx, we hope the following resources are helpful to you.
If you are looking for more information about the CDPAP Program, we are happy to help explain the program and see if you qualify to participate!
The Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP) allows those who qualify for Medicaid to receive in-home care from someone they already know. That caregiver is then paid a salary. Special Touch CDPAP, a division of Special Touch Home Care, is a fiscal intermediary for the CDPAP program, which means we facilitate payments to caregivers.
Our office in the Bronx is located at: 391 E 149th St #305, Bronx, NY 10455.
At Special Touch, we help to nurture the confidence—as well as helping with all the logistical details—of a wide community of caregivers. Being a caregiver is a rewarding, and at times challenging role. There are also various organizations in The Bronx who offer support to caregivers, including:
- NYC Caregiver connects family caregivers in New York City with resources provided by the National Family Caregiver Support Program. You can also take advantage of their local resource centers.
- The James J. Peters VA Medical Center offers caregiver support services for veterans. Family caregivers of veterans who were injured post-9/11 may also be eligible for services, including comprehensive training and medical coverage through VA.
- Presbyterian Senior Services a range of caregiver services and guidance. They offer help in both English and Spanish. Look for one of their ‘Circle of Care’ stations in the Bronx.
- The Caregiver Support Center at Montefiore was the first caregiver support center provided by a medical center in New York City. It provides caregivers with emotional support and practical assistance.
- SAGE (Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders) is the world’s oldest and largest organization devoted to meeting the needs of elders in gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) communities. The organization’s New York chapter offers caregiver training, support groups and additional supplemental services. The SAGE Center Bronx, located inside the Union Community Health Center, offers a wide range of events and programs.
- The Bronx Parents Autism Support Circle is a Meetup group for parents with children with autism for those located in the Bronx.
Disclaimer: The above is not meant to endorse any of the organizations listed. It is intended as a helpful guide to specialized support services for Caregivers in the Bronx. You may wish to do further research before choosing to engage with any of the above organizations. Want to recommend an addition to this list? Use the contact form below to tell us about it!