CDPAP and HHA Services – Manhattan
Visit us in Manhattan today!
With over four decades of experience providing in-home care, we know that caregivers need care too!
There are many local organizations that provide support to non-professional caregivers: those who are paid through the CDPAP program and those who do not earn any compensation.
We hope this list of resources for Manhattan caregivers is helpful to you!
Interested in learning more about the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program? The Special Touch team is happy to help!
Special Touch CDPAP (a division of Special Touch Home Care) serves as a fiscal intermediary, which means we facilitate CDPAP paperwork and payments to caregivers.
Find out more about CDPAP and how we can help with the application process. You can also give us a call at 718-673-9288 or visit one of our NYC-area offices.
We have two convenient offices for Manhattan residents, which are located at: 1569 Flatbush Avenue, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11210and 391 East 149th Street, Suite# 305-2, Bronx, NY 10455
Our Manhattan Locations
Special Touch Brooklyn
1569 Flatbush Avenue, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11210
Resources for caregivers in Manhattan
- CaringKind (formerly known as the Alzheimer’s Association) offers support groups for caregivers of those with Alzheimer’s. Support groups are led by trained facilitators.
- CancerCare offers free online resources for caregivers as well as free community programs in offices in New York, Connecticut, Long Island, and New Jersey to help patients and caregivers manage the emotional, practical, and financial challenges of cancer.
- The website NYC Caregiver connects family caregivers in New York City with resources provided by the National Family Caregiver Support Program. You’ll find a wealth of information on the site as well as local resource centers in each of the five boroughs.
- Presbyterian Senior Services provides a range of caregiver services online or at one of their ‘Circle of Care’ stations found all five boroughs. They offer help in both English and Spanish.
- NYU Langone’s Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias Family Support Program offers services for families who are caring for those who have trouble with thinking and memory loss.
- SHARE Cancer Support is a national community of women affected by breast and ovarian cancers. With its headquarters in New York City, you’ll find support groups, educational programs, and advocacy help.
- Hamilton-Madison House is a leading provider of services for New York City’s Asian community. Programs include behavioral health support, immigration help, and childcare.
Disclaimer: The above is not meant to endorse any of the organizations listed. It is intended as a helpful guide to specialized support services for Caregivers in the Bronx. You may wish to do further research before choosing to engage with any of the above organizations. Want to recommend an addition to this list? Use the contact form below to tell us about it!